This is that time of the year when I spend money not on myself but on school uniforms. The cost of my son’s Year 7’s high school uniform is making me weep! But enough of the parent pity party, it just means being more resourceful in regards to what I treat myself to. And resourceful is me digging into my stash of untouched skincare as my last moisturiser has run out. So I opted to use Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum from Superdrug.
Why did I purchase this? I originally bought this with other items from the range ages ago. They’re easy to pick up ( from a Superdrug store, click and collect or online delivery ), the range is quite extensive and not expensive at all. And the best bit is they’re regularly on some form of half price offer or buy one get one free which makes even better value.
What is this designed to do? Its purpose is to give the skin its natural radiance back and even out skin tone, within a 2 in 1 product that provides hydration and treatment.
Packaging. 50ml of this moisturiser/ serum comes in a pump action bottle. Like the rest of the brand because of its colouring ( pale mint green ) and simplistic labeling, the appearance fits in well within the ‘ natural ‘ skincare type niche.
How to use. Skin should be clean and cleansed before applying. 2 to 3 pumps of product applied to face and neck using circular motions every morning.
Texture. This reminds me of moisturising gels a little bit. Not totally opaque and white, as it has a slight sheerness to it. Its very light in texture so definitely looks like a cross between a face cream and a serum ( but more cream than serum ).
Scent. Identical to the other products I’ve tried in this range. Its quite fresh and clean, but has a subtle flowery and sweetness to it but still comes across very fresh and clean in scent. Its very pleasant, not strong and quite enjoyable to smell.
On the skin. When applied onto the skin, you really don’t need much. Easy and quick to apply and it sinks in immediately. This is one of those products that feels very light on the skin and not heavy at all. I love textures such as balms, oils and quite rich products, and sometimes you feel and see it on the skin but you don’t with this. It doesn’t feel as if its there but you know you’ve obviously applied something, as the skin does feel as if its had a ‘ something ‘ on it. And to look at my skin it looked matt but not dry nor did it feel tight.
No massive changes have happened with my skin after using this for a week. But bare in mind I didn’t use this to get rid of lines, wrinkles, or anything specific. I just wanted a moisturiser! Did it even out skin tone? Nope. Not a problem I suffer from right now. Did it give me any radiance? Well not really as my skin hasn’t looked too sallow amazingly.
Recommended? This is a good product for a few different people, in my opinion:
- Younger people ( teens to 30 ) who don’t have particular concerns with their skin and want a good quality product that’s easy and quick to apply.
- Men. They want to use skincare but need something that sinks in quickly and no messing about with numerous products.
- Budget. You’re on a budget and you don’t want to buy a face cream and a serum and overall don’t want to spend lots of money but don’t want something rubbish either.
- Multi purpose needed and time starved. Pretty much as above but you are one of those people who has literally 5 mins in the morning to get dressed and out of the door AND sort your face out. Win win!
- Summer. In the UK we had some insane heat awhile ago. I had to wipe of my sweat moustache with my santised hand many times. This would have been a good product to use due to its lightness and less likelihood of melting away.
Would I use this again? I would. For what it is, its a good moisturiser. And at certain times this would be very handy as mentioned in warmer weather. But I prefer to apply a separate serum and facial cream so I can tailor make what my skin needs. So I would happily use what I currently have and may buy this for holiday use, but for me this wouldn’t be a regular purchase.
If this sound like an ideal skin care product for you, visit Superdrug’s site here. *At time of writing this post, this product is £3.48, half price from £6.99!